1. this is ridiculously hard to do.
2. i cant do this without Jesus.
>> selfish |ˈselfi sh | adj.
(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure
>> ambition |amˈbi sh ən| noun
a strong desire to do or to achieve something
>> conceit |kənˈsēt| noun
excessive pride in oneself
>> humility |(h)yoōˈmilitē| noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance
3. paraphrase. "do nothing from your strong desire to care only about yourself or from your deep pleasure and satisfaction in yourself. but with a modest view of your importance, consider others more important and worthy of attention."
4. i cant do this without Jesus.
5. i can do this with Jesus!
6. when Jesus is what im focusing on and meditating on, i can count others more important than myself.
7. Jesus, i need you!
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! :) I just found your blog! Looks like we are both thinking/blogging/being challenged by the desire to overcome selfishness! It's a life long challenge, I think!
ReplyDeleteMiss seeing you and your precious family! Think of you all often. A young lady I know here is going to Southern Wesleyan College this fall and will be living with family in Easley -- sure makes me think about our friends and life we had in that part of the country!
Sometimes I miss the old days! :)
HOpe to see you again over on my blog! YOu are welcome to stop by any time! :)